Research Associate at Springtide Research Institute® (Full-Time, Remote)
Springtide Research Institute has an opening for an Associate Researcher to join our Research Team in our continued work on the spiritual and religious lives of adolescents and young adults.
- Assist in day-to-day operations of research projects, including project management, data collection, data management, data analysis, and report writing.
- Assist with operationalizing project scope, goals, and deliverables for both proprietary research and client research projects.
- Assist in maintaining relationships and communication with clients.
- Fulfill a variety of ad hoc data requests for internal personnel.
- In collaboration with research Seniors, lead a team of research contractors to execute a variety of research operations throughout the project life cycle.
- Travel as necessary to conduct onsite research as required by projects.
- Participate in presentations at conferences and other meetings.
- Support day-to-day client relationships.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- MA in a social science discipline (such as psychology, sociology, or political science) or in analytical methods (such as applied statistics). PhD or PhD candidacy preferred.
- 4–6 years of experience in quantitative and/or qualitative research in an applied or academic setting.
- Substantive expertise in religion and spirituality. Strong interest in the religious or spiritual development of adolescents and young adults.
- Experience writing technical reports (such as literature reviews, study plans, methodology reports, summaries of research findings) or contributing to peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Comfortable operating and communicating in ecumenical, interfaith, and religiously neutral environments.
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency using data-analysis tools and software packages, such as SPSS, R, Stata, NVivo, ATLAS.ti, EnjoyHQ, or other tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to write clear and concise documents that are accessible to stakeholders with various levels of technical expertise and from diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds.
For consideration: Please send your cover letter and resume to HR@springtideresearch.org.
We recruit, develop, and retain talented people from diverse communities and foster a culture of equity and inclusion within our organization. We welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds and identities, and employment is based on personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected class or characteristic as established by law. As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize that our strength lies in our people and in our common commitment to serving the needs of young people and those who care for them.